Tri-City: Pan Fried Dumplings

My mother's new hobby during the pandemic is to browse Facebook Marketplace for plants.  I, for one, never knew selling plants was such a lucrative business.  A 12-inch cutting can set you back $15.  A cutting!  That's not even including roots.

Anyway, my mother has been sending me on errands all across the South Bay to pick up plants for her.  One such trip led us to Newark.  Since Pan Fried Dumplings was right across the street, we decided to pick up lunch from there:


I placed the order online in advance.  Of course we had to get their pan fried dumplings ($10.99 for six):


The dumpling bottoms were fried super crunchy, which I'd never seen before.  I liked them a lot, but you have to eat them fresh.  If you leave them too long, they start to taste a bit like oil sponges.  (We learned this when we brought a box to CK's house later that day.) 

The snowflake potstickers ($13.99 for 12) would have been really pretty if we'd had them dine-in:


We committed ourselves to a dumpling feast, so we added in chili wontons ($11.99):


And an order of XLB ($8.99 for 6):


When I asked for my mother's input, she predictably asked for a beef roll ($10.99):


I don't know what it is about beef rolls, but my mother just can't say no to them.

For some reason, my mother also really wanted to try their sweet and sour pork ($16.99):


Apparently this style of sweet and sour pork had come up multiple times on her social media feed and she was curious.  Pan Fried Dumpling's pork was nicely fried and their sauce tangy.  Definitely a dish that doesn't hold well.  Gotta eat it all in one sitting!

All the dishes at Pan Fried Dumpling were good, but not exactly mind blowing.  Their best offering is their pan fried dumplings (it would be kind of embarrassing if it wasn't given their name), but I'm not sure I would drive all the way to Newark or to their Cupertino branch just to have it.  Though if my mother drags me on another FB Marketplace plant procurement trip to the area, I certainly wouldn't mind stopping by again.

I don't know if they do this all the time or if they had leftovers from a CNY promotion, but Pan Fried Dumplings gave out complimentary stickers and pins when we went:


How adorable is that pin?  It was worth it to check out Pan Fried Dumplings just for that.
 

Pan Fried Dumplings
6180 Jarvis Ave, Ste U
Newark, CA 94560
(510) 894-1243
https://www.pan-frieddumplings.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!