Orange County: Tim Ho Wan

Dining at Michelin starred Tim Ho Wan in Hong Kong over six years ago was a revelation.  So when I heard that they'd opened a branch in Irvine, I was over the moon.  Except that Irvine is 382 miles from where I live, so a fat lot of good that did me.

Sigh.  Why does all the good Asian food open in SoCal first?

Anyway, while we were in Orange County in October, I made sure that we stopped by Tim Ho Wan:


We had meal plans already, so I didn't want to order a full dim sum feast.  Instead, I limited myself to only ordering what Tim Ho Wan is famous for, their baked BBQ buns:


When I was in Hong Kong years go, I was skeptical about Tim Ho Wan's baked BBQ buns.  It's not something I typically order when I dim sum, because it's bread and thus filling.  And how good could baked buns be anyway?

The answer, my friends, is really, REALLY, really freakin' good.

So good that though I originally planned to get one order (3 for $6), I ended up getting two.  The bread itself is soft and the BBQ pork filling both sweet and savory.  The bread to filling ration is also optimal.  Just look at that cross section!  It's pretty damn difficult to stop eating once you pick one up.

Tim Ho Wan, please don't forget us in the Bay Area.  Maybe when the pandemic is over, you can open a branch here too?

...Pretty please?


Tim Ho Wan
2700 Alton Pkwy
Irvine, CA 92606
(262) 888-8828
http://timhowanusa.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!