Tri-City: Falafel Corner

My coworker, HA, told me about a falafel restaurant she and her husband had scoped out.  They deemed it good enough to bring my parents to, so my family met with hers there one night:


The place was pretty empty, but it was a weekday and according to HA, Falafel Corner is hoppin' with the late night crowd:


We placed our orders at the counter and then snagged a table to wait.

HA and her husband recommended the gyro, so my father got the club gyro ($8):


It includes gyro, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, avacado, and beef bacon (it's a Muslim establishment after all).

My mom wanted the falafel sandwich ($6):


No explanation necessary.

I, on the other hand, went a completely different route and decided to splurge on a pizza.  Not just any pizza.

An Afghan pizza ($16 for a small):


For our naturalization workshops in Fremont, HA always orders Afghan pizza for all our volunteers.  My sister once asked her what makes an Afghan pizza Afghan since the pizzas seemed to be normal pepperoni and combination pizzas.  HA answered that the pizzas are Afghan...because they are made by an Afghan.

(Insert cricket chirp.)

My sister was not impressed.  Neither was I for that matter.

Falafel Corner, however, has a better claim on having a legit Afghan pizza.  Instead of the usual pork products, the veggies are accompanied by gyros and beef pepperoni.  

The food at Falafel Corner is good, but the company we had that night was even better.  It's always a party when HA is around.

I definitely foresee more parties in our near future.  HA's husband blindsided us by sneakily putting down money for our meal before we'd even ordered.  Urgh.  I can't believe he out ninja'd us.

He better watch his back because we're gonna get him back.  Oh yea.  We're gonna get him back real good.


Falafel Corner
43450 S Grimmer Blvd
Fremont, CA 94538
(510) 252-1577

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!