Chicago: Cafecito (Revisited)

I've officially graduated from law school!  Now I have a fancy, champagne-stained piece of paper that tells me I'm a doctor of law.  Woot!

Things have been pretty crazy around here.  My family is in town and we've been braving the heat to go gallivanting around the city.  We're leaving Chicago tomorrow and I've yet to start packing.  Heh.  Tonight is going to be fun.

Anyway, a few weeks back, I met up with EK at Cafecito for an early dinner followed by shoe shopping downtown:


I've only been to Cafecito once before, but I recommend it to people all the time.  It's located in a bit of a random spot, but the sandwiches are amazing.

I wanted to try something new, so I ordered the ropa vieja ($6.29):


Juicy roasted skirt steak, black beans, and tomato creole sauce with bursts of sweetness from the sweet plantains.  And the crispy bread, oh, the bread...

EK got the cubano (which I had the last time I went) and we switched halves:


If you're ever downtown and in need of a quick bite to eat, Cafecito is the place to go.  If you're visiting Chicago and staying at the international hostel, you're in luck because Cafecito is right next door.  Grab and sandwich and then go check out the Buckingham Fountain!


Cafecito
26 E Congress Pkwy
Chicago, IL 60605
(312) 922-2233
http://cafecitochicago.com/

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!