Chicago: Chicago's Home of Chicken and Waffles

Weekday dinners are hard to coordinate because my roommate and I have alternating evening classes.  We finally decided to just suck it up, pick a day, and go.  So we called up JH, set a date, and made it happen.  

For the sake of convenience and under the pretext of getting home early to continue studying (yea, right), we selected Chicago's Home of Chicken and Waffles as it was both relatively close and on my list of yet-to-try restaurants:  


Originally called Rosscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles, the name was changed after Socal's Roscoe's brought a trademark infringement suit.  The name change certainly hasn't affected its popularity though.  For 8:00pm on a weekday, the place was pretty bumpin':


People continued to trickle in long after we were seated.

JH got The Saint, which was 1/4 dark fried chicken with two waffles:


CK ordered Tonya's Choice because she wanted wings, but I didn't get to take a picture.  I'm sure you get the idea though.

I've always been curious about smothered chicken, so I went with Carol's Treat, which consisted of 1/4 (dark, of course) fried chicken smothered in gravy and onions.  Yea, I know.  It doesn't look all that appetizing here, but trust me, it's good:


As well as two waffles:


I don't know if we were just super hungry or what, but everything was FREAKIN' AMAZING.  Really.  We couldn't stop moaning about how good everything was.  From the crispy, well-seasoned fried chicken to the fluffiest, bestest waffles ever...everything was fantastic.  Especially when eaten all together.  And don't forget to douse it in syrup.

Yum.

I want to go again.  Soon.


Chicago's Home of Chicken and Waffles
3947 S King Dr
Chicago, IL 60653
(773) 536-3000
http://chicagoshomeofchickenandwaffles.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!