San Francisco: Off the Grid (UN Plaza) (Revisited)

Another Thursday at the library meant another lunch excursion at Off the Grid at the UN Plaza.  I was hoping to get some garlic noodles that I saw the last time I was there, but was disappointed to find that the entire truck lineup was different.  With no Vietnamese truck in sight, I had to start from scratch and examine the menu at each truck.

I finally decided on 3-Sum Eats:

















I went with the corn flake crusted fried chicken sandwich ($8):

















It came with Old Bay aioli, carrot-cabbage slaw, and pickles.  I wasn't a big fan of the slaw, but everything else was pretty damn tasty.  Especially the chicken.  And there was a lot of chicken.

I was so very tempted by the mac 'n cheese spring rolls and the house-made twinkies, but I think adding on either one of those would have sent me into a food coma.  (Which is not a good thing when I'm supposed to be doing work at the library.)

The moral of the story is to always bring a friend.  You get to try more that way.


Off the Grid
http://offthegridsf.com/

3-Sum Eats
http://www.3-sumeats.com/

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!