New York: Grimaldi's

We were more than ready for some food after walking up and down the Statue of Liberty. After running through our options with my friend's friend (who was going to meet us for dinner), we decided to go with pizza at Grimaldi's:



I managed to get us on the subway going the wrong direction, but in the end we still got to Brooklyn and found the restaurant. Luckily for us, there wasn't much of a line at all. When I came to Grimaldi's 2 years ago, the line had been atrocious. Sadly, because we were missing a person in our party, we couldn't be seated and as a result we remained "first in line" for quite a while until my friend took it upon herself to sweet talk the owner (I assume he was the owner because he had an Italian accent and talked big).

The three of us were allowed in as long as we promised to order immediately. I loved the Frank Sinatra memorabilia lining the walls. But the coolest thing about Grimaldi's is the open kitchen:



Grimaldi's doesn't have any pre-made creations. You're given a list of toppings and basically told to have a field day. Which we did.

As we promised, we ordered while we were waiting for my friend's friend to get there from work. We decided on a large pizza with red sauce, Italian sausage, mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes:



The gooey mozzarella bound everything together:



The sausage was some of the fattiest and most delicious that I've ever had. The basil that came with the red sauce added a nice touch (I'm crazy about basil) and the sun-dried tomatoes contributed a hint of sweetness.

I think we did good.


Grimaldi's
19 Old Fulton St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 858-4300

Comments

Popular Posts

FOLLOW OUR ADVENTURES ON INSTAGRAM!